Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wedding (the website)

Good News everyone..!
I'm married for 2 months now!
Whew... time flies....


I just visit our wedding website, which I ignored after the wedding day... and just realized, that it will be expired in March 2012.


Well... basically, the website was made give our guests all information about our wedding day. So... I thought.... maybe I should copy-paste all articles we wrote on that website before it's too late! I might want to re-read them in the future :)

(I suppose... this blog will still exist in the future... no? )


So... here we go.......



Welcome

Welcome everyone to our wedding web site! For those of you who will not be able to make it to our wedding, we thought this would be a great way for us to share all of our experiences with you. For all of you who will be attending, all of the information you could ever want to know about us and our wedding will be available for you here.

After almost eight wonderful years together, we are looking forward to having our dream wedding in Fulda, Germany. We have chosen to get married in Frauenberg and the reception will be held at the Orangerie. It's absolutely beautiful there and we know you will all agree.

For all of you who will be coming in from out of town, we have provided you with suggestions of places to stay. Hopefully some of you will decide to make a vacation out of this and extend your stay to a full week.

We would love to receive messages in our Guestbook from anyone compelled to do so. Please check back often as we will be making frequent updates to the website as the plans progress.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone in just a few months. Thank you to all of our friends and family for supporting us and loving us over the years.

Arthur and Cheryl


FYI: My hubbie's name is Arthur... but our indo friends and family call him Ody...



Proposal - the story

It was about November 2009 when Arthur asked me if I could take a holiday between 24th-26th January 2010. And he didn't want to answer why because he wanted it as a surprise. He successfully made me drown in curiosity for the whole 2 months because of it.

After we celebrated New Year, suddenly Arthur gave me an envelope with our plane tickets to Venice in it. An (2-long-months-worth-to-wait) answer that I couldn't even guess even in my dreams.
It was a sweet journey, a little bit spontanious and unplanned, but we just really wanted to relax and have fun without any hectic kind of feeling. It was winter, but thank God the weather was quite nice.
On our second day of visit, we decided to take a small tour with gondola. As I wanted to take out my camera to shoot a couple of pictures, suddenly the gondola man shouted something. I thought at first I was not allowed to take any photographs. But it was actually a signal for Arthur to "do" it.
Arthur suddenly held my hands and talked about our love journey, about how thankful he was that I was always there for him in his good and hard times, then he knelt down and asked, "Will you stay forever by my side and marry me?"
...... I cried and answered, "Yes!!!".


About Fulda

Since Fulda has a very special meaning to us, we decided to get married on the very town that we had spent our first 5 years together. We know that it will mean a great deal to us that we will be beginning our lives together in the very place, where we shared most of our moments and times together.

Fulda is a small town in Hesse, Germany with population about 70,000. It's located on the river Fulda and developed around a Benedictine abbey founded in 744 by Sturmi, a disciple of St. Boniface. The abbey became a missionary centre, and its school was one of Europe's important seats of learning during the early Middle Ages.

Most of Fulda's noteworthy buildings form an integrated Baroque district, including the cathedral (1704-12; with the crypt of St. Boniface); the episcopal palace (1707), now the city hall and a museum; and the Orangerie, before which stands the Floravase (1728), carved out of a single piece of stone.

The Church of St. Michael dates from about 820, and the Probstei Church at Petersberg (just outside Fulda) is also 9th century. The Frauenberg Franciscan monastery (rebuilt 1760) is to the north of the city. Nearby Adolphseck Castle (1730-50), a former summer residence of the prince-bishops, is now a museum.

(official website of Fulda is here)


Ceremony - Frauenberg Kirche

Long time ago, I've dreamed about walking down the aisle to my knight in shining armor. In my mind, I would picture a beautiful white church with lots of flowers and even more love. Now that we're finally here, it seems unbelievable to me that my dream will actually come true.

It was a little bit hard to choose where our ceremony being held. There're so many beautiful churches in Fulda, but we could only choose one. In the end, we decided to have our ceremony at Church Frauenberg. It's a beautiful old baroque style church, built in 16th century, and located on the top of the hill. As we lived in Fulda, we used to walk up the hill together, to see a beautiful view of the whole city.

(You can find the website here)


Reception - Fulda Orangerie

The Orangerie was built just across the City Palace at the same century as the cathedral, 1721-1724.

The abbots used the baroque rooms for summer parties. In the winter months, ornamental trees such as oranges and lemons were stored there, that's also explain the name Orangerie.

Until now, the Orangerie is one of a popular venue for parties, meetings and ball nights. On the one hand because of its interiors, like the nobly decorated Apollo Hall, and on the other hand the terrace area that connected with the fabulous castle baroque garden through a flight of stairs.

Today the Orangerie belongs to Maritim Hotel, and thus not avaliable for sightseeing. But at the time where there is no event occur, the Cafe and the Restaurant will be open and let the people enjoy the historic baroque style.

(The website of Maritim Hotel in Fulda is here)

...


Well, I don't copy-paste the informations about visas or transportation since it's a little bit out of (wedding) topic... and right now I'm kinda lazy to add any Photo... (again... laziness as an excuse!)
But I promise I'll write about the whole wedding day in the near future ;)


No comments: